100% ORIGINAL ISSUE PIECE. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Romania, Bulgaria, Mexico, China, Macau, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Montenegro. CANADA, USA, UK, IRELAND, AUSTRIA, DENMARK, SWEDEN, NORWAY, FINLAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, BELGIUM, ITALY, SWITZERLAND, NETHERLANDS, LUXEMBOURG, AUSTRALIA, AND NEW ZEALAND. The item “SOVIET RUSSIA BORDER GUARD MEDAL. MADE IN SILVER. 1950’S. ORIGINAL ISSUE. RARE” is in sale since Friday, January 3, 2020. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “worldmedals” and is located in NS. This item can be shipped to Canada, all countries in Europe, United States, Australia, Japan.
Antiquue 1931 Tellus Granicer Border Guards pocket watch with Solid Silver chain , made for the Romanian Army Border Guards in 1931 , Tellus pocket watch with two covers , mechanism with manual reinforcement Cortbert Caliper 548 , housing Series # 1219580. The face diameter is 48 mm. Great collectible time piece , please google The Pocket Guard watches – ceasuri Romania The history of the Border Guards watched made for the Romanian Army early 19th Century. The item “Tellus Granicer Border Guards pocket watch made for the Romanian Army in 1931″ is in sale since Saturday, July 25, 2020. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “mogadanie” and is located in bucharest. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- 1931: Border Guards pocket watch
- Modified Item: No
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Switzerland
- Theme: Militaria
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: 1919-38
100% ORIGINAL ISSUE PIECE. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Romania, Bulgaria, Mexico, China, Macau, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Montenegro. CANADA, USA, UK, IRELAND, AUSTRIA, DENMARK, SWEDEN, NORWAY, FINLAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, BELGIUM, ITALY, SWITZERLAND, NETHERLANDS, LUXEMBOURG, AUSTRALIA, AND NEW ZEALAND. The item “ROMANIA KINGDOM WWI BORDER GUARD HAT BADGE AND EPULET. MEDAL VERY RARE” is in sale since Wednesday, July 17, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “worldmedals” and is located in NS. This item can be shipped to Canada, all countries in Europe, United States, Australia, Japan.
Army WW I and Mexican Border Service collection of Rupert W. Williamson, who served during the Mexican Border War (1916) in Company D, 2nd Idaho and WW I Corp H. Co 146th Field Artillery A. Pennant would be for Filer, Twin Falls County, Idaho. He is listed in the book, “Twin Falls County in the World War”, G. 17 ½ inch wool felt 2. 34 ¼ x 13 inch wool felt F_____ High School 1916 pennant (Williamsons High School). 58 ½ x 23 ½ inch wool felt 1916 Mexican Border Service pennant with U. Flag made of silk. Idaho Infantry, Nogales, Arizona pennant with crossed U. Measures 22 ½ x 23 7/8 inches. Camp Green, North Carolina wool felt pennant with silk U. Measures 56 7/8 x 21 ¼ inches. United States I Love You pennant with silk flag. Measures 57 ½ x 21 ½ inches. Identified wool overseas cap with Artillery insignia. Pair of wool wrap leggings. 5 5/8 x 8 1/8 portrait of Rupert Williamson wearing his Company D, 2. 8 x10 inch G. 38-A dated France, February 28, 1919 letter of thanks from CIC John J. Uniform coat of Corporal Rupert W. Army patch is high quality silver and red embroidery on dark blue wool. Coat has all buttons, discharge strip, Corporal stripes, Service stripes (embroidered), U. And Artillery collar disc. The only damage to coat is a 2 inch loss of stitching under right arm. This group has it allcondition, identification, a soldier that actually served in the A. Seldom encountered after 100 years. The item “Rare U. S. Army WW I & Mexican Border Service Collection from One Soldier” is in sale since Saturday, April 11, 2020. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “generaljackson1862″ and is located in New Market, Virginia. This item can be shipped to United States.
Badge, in Silver and Enamels. The badge was established in 1932 and was used until the. By the Soviet Union in 1940. Full size badge made by. Silver, gold, hot enamels, 43 x 35 mm. The painter Günther Reindorff designed the Border Guard badge for the tenth anniversary of the Border Guard of Estonia in 1932. The basis of the badge is an oak wreath. Inside the wreath is an eagle holding a sword in its paws. The eagle protects the borderline, which has a national coat of arms. All this symbolizes the self-proclivity and courage of the border guards in protecting the state borders of the Republic of Estonia. On the lower edge of the ridge there is the date of the establishment of the border guard – November 1, 1922. The figure of the Nordic eagle, known from the national epic, symbolizes alertness, courage and combat readiness. “The Border Eagle Badge” expresses the vigilance and determination of border guards and symbolizes virility and cohesion. The Border Guard badges were manufactured by the Roman Tavast workshop in Tallinn. Only a Badge is for sale. Other photos are for information only. The Estonian Border Guard (Estonian: Eesti Piirivalve) was the national security agency responsible for the border security of Estonia. It was subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior. The Border Guard also assisted with Search and Rescue missions. In 2010, the organization was superseded by the Police and Border Guard Board. History from independence(1918) to WW II. On November 14, 1918, admiral Johan Pitka organized a meeting to discuss the guarding of borders of the freshly established Republic of Estonia. On November 18, 1918, the Border Guard government (Estonian: Piirivalvevalitsus) was established, with captain Leopold Tõnson leading it. Until 1 January 1919, the agency was subordinate to the Estonian Defence League Council of Elders (Estonian: Kaitseliidu Vanematekogu), but was then subordinated to the Ministry of Finance. Since 1 February 1919 until the end of the Estonian War of Independence the borders were guarded by the military. Since 15 February 1919 until May 1921 the crossing of borders was checked by the Republic’s Border Control Government (Estonian: Vabariigi Piirikontrolli Valitsus). On 30 May 1922, the border guard agency was subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior. Following the recommendation of Minister of the Interior, Kaarel Eenpalu, the Border Guard Government (Estonian: Piirivalve Valitsus) (not to be confused with the previous Border Guard government) was established on 20 September 1922. Lieutenant colonel Ants Kurvits was appointed to lead the organization on 1 November 1922, which is also considered the official formation date of the Estonian Border Guard. Lieutenant colonel Arved Engmaa became his deputy. On 1 December 1922, the Estonian government approved the structure of the agency, consisting of: a headquarters, departments, districts, and cordons. The headquarters started work in January 1923, at the White hall of the Toompea Castle. Positions were manned with reserve officers from the military and conscripts serving under a one year contract. By May 20, 1923, all control over the border was transferred from the Defence Forces to the border guard. There were eight district stations: Tallinn, Läänemaa, Pärnu, Valga, Petseri, Tartu, Peipsi and Narva. On 1 December 1923, Valga station was joined with Petseri, and on 1 July, Tartu station was joined with Peipsi, and Pärnu was joined with Läänemaa into Lääne station. On 16 February 1923, a corporation for officers was established. On 16 June 1927, a similar corporation was established for the conscripts. Until the mid 30’s, the legal ground for the activities of the border guard was based on an old law, established under the Russian Empire. On 5 June 1936, a new Border Guard Act was entered into force. Despite legal agreements with the Soviet Union, a tragic incident occurred on 8 February 1938, when Soviet border guards entered Estonian territory and killed two Estonian border guards and one civilian. On the 10th anniversary of the Border Guard, the agency received its flag. In 1940, the agency was partially disbanded by the occupying Soviet Union forces. The eastern border structures were demolished. By then there were roughly 1100 border guards. Large number of Estonian Border Guard officers were repressed and sent to Gulags. From Estonian Border Guard home page. Independent statehood created a need to guard the borders of Estonia. On 14 November 1918 Admiral Johannes Pitka convened the very first meeting on guarding-the-border issues. On 18 November 1918 the Border Guard Administration became operational under Captain Leopold Tõnson. Until 1 January 1919 the Administration was subordinated to Defence League Board of Governors and later for a short time to the Ministry of Finance. Beginning from 1 February 1919 until the end of the War of Independence and also first post-war years military units guarded Estonian borders. From 15 February 1991 to May 1921 Border Control Administration of the Republic of Estonia was responsible for controlling border crossings. The then Minister of Internal Affairs, founder of Estonian border guard Karl Einbund (Eenpalu) underlined in his speech on the fifth anniversary of the Republic of Estonia that in peace-time the army learned but did not rule. We have to adhere to the old truth: the army cannot execute civil governance in the peace-time. If civil governance is assigned to a military organization, a permanent specially prepared unit has to be founded, subordinated to civil power. According to Karl Einbund, the latter is of special importance as by nature military maxims and guarantees are not for the peace-time. On 30 May 1922 the Riigikogu passed a law subordinating the border guard to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The Border Guard Administration was founded on the proposal of Karl Einbund on 20 September 1922. A well-known military leader from the War of Independence Lieutenant Colonel Ants Kurvits was appointed the head of the border guard and he assumed office on 1 November 1922. This date is considered the birthday of Estonian border guard. Lieutenant Colonel Arved Engman, former commander of the 6th Infantry Regiment of Estonian Defence Forces, was appointed Assistant Head of Border Guard Administration in the capacity of deputy head. On 1 December the Government of the Republic of Estonia approved the structure of Estonian border guard: General Administration, i. Command Centre and sections, regions and sectors. The Command Centre founded in January 1923 started its work in the White Hall, Toompea Castle. Personnel comprised of officers taken from reserve to active service or transferred from military units as well as of extended servicemen serving with one-year contract in the border guard. By 20 May 1923 the entire border had been taken over from the Defence Forces. There were eight sections responsible for the border: Tallinn, Läänemaa, Pärnu, Valga, Petseri, Tartu, Peipsi and Narva sections. On 1 December 1923 Valga section was liquidated and joined to Petseri section. On 1 July Tartu section was merged with Peipsi section and Pärnu and Läänemaa sections into Lääne section. On 16 February 1923 Border Guard Officers Association and on 16 June 1927 Border Guard Extended Servicemens Association were founded in order to organize officers and extended servicemen. Until 5 June 1936 the operation and organisation of Estonian border guard was legally based on the czarist Border Guard Corps Act of 1910, several provisions of which were amended and replaced with the legislation of the Republic of Estonia. On 5 June 1936 the Border Guard Act, issued as Head of State Decree from 25 May 1936 entered into force. Estonian border guards guarded 1159 kilometres of border in the north and south, 276 kilometres of Estonian-USSR border in the east and 365 kilometres of Estonian-Latvian border in the south. The border guard worked hard to detect smuggling on the sea border and on the southern border. On 8 August 1927 the Republic of Estonia and the USSR signed an agreement on the regulation of border incidents, which entered into force on 20 January 1928. Despite the agreement a tragic incident took place on Lake Peipus, near the Estonian-USSR border on 8 February 1936: having crossed the Estonian border Soviet border guards killed the head of Ninasi sector sergeant major Artur Pungas, guard private first class Voldemar Kaio and non-border-guard driver Vassili Eva. The maintenance of the state border was extensive: renovation of boundary posts, repair of wire fences, cleaning of boundary ditches and strips, construction of patrol routes and observation towers. Accommodation was really poor in the early years of Estonian border guard. The border guards lived in earthen huts and farms. Orchards and ornamental shrubs were planted; lawns and nurseries were made at border guard sectors. Border guards were active in sports and social life. Swimming, shooting, light and heavy athletics as well as skiing were primary sports. Lieutenant Colonel August Engman, chairman of the Border Guard Officers Association was one of the founders of Estonian Shooting Union. Border guard Eduard Seren from Omedu border guard sector was a member of the Estonian small-rifle team at World Championship in Rome in 1935, establishing a world record. In 1934 1937 in competitions of Estonian shooting unions member associations and districts the border guard team won four times in succession a challenge cup given by the minister of war. The people of Estonia recognized the commitment of the border guard highly. On the tenth anniversary of the border guard Estonian County Governments Association presented the border guard with a nice flag: with a state emblem on one side and county emblems and border guard emblem a boundary post defended by an eagle with spread wings, holding a sward – on the other side. Prior to the annexation of Estonia by the Soviet Union the borders of Etonia were defended by Tallinn, Lääne, Petseri, Peipsi and Narva sections, 164 border guard sectors and 1100 border guards who knew that should borders disappear, the country will disappear, the state will disappear, the freedom of its people will disappear (Major Johan Paul, 1932). Soviet occupation in 1940 interrupted the operation of the independent Estonian border guard. Buildings on the eastern border were destroyed and border constructions were dismantled. The southern border with the Republic of Latvia, also occupied by Soviets, survived until German occupation in 1941. The structure and personnel on the Latvian border was maintained. In January eight officers led by Colonel Johan Paul worked in Border Guard Division in Peoples Commissariat of the Estonian SSR. The partial survival of the border guard in the first Soviet year allowed later merging of organized armed opposition with the resistance movement. A vast majority of Estonian border guard officers were repressed and most of them lost their lives in Gulag prisons. The first head of the Estonian border guard Ants Kurvits (VR1/2) who retired as Major General in late 1939 was murdered on unknown circumstances in Gulag. The item “RARE Estonia Border Guard Badge Silver and Enamels Original” is in sale since Wednesday, November 14, 2018. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “pelin60″ and is located in EU, Riga. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Estonia
S ARMY ON MEXICAN BORDER 23rd NY INFANTRY N. FANTASTIC ORIGINAL LARGE FELT BANNER CIRCA 1916. Multi piece red, blue & white felt banner measuring approximately 29 inches by 29 inches (presented diagonally). Undated but circa 1916. Features the E Pluribus Unum. Seal of the United States. Condition: Offered as found: Faded, a few small holes, white border partially lacking perhaps other elements as well? , still quite attractive & visually compelling. As far as we can tell, this piece is unique; essentially a piece of folk art created by an unknown artist, quite possibly the wife of a returning veteran. The 23rd Infantry, New York National Guard was part of the 3rd Brigade, 27th Division. On 9 March 1916 Poncho Villa (born as Doroteo Arango) and his band of nearly 500 men attacked the 13th U. Cavalry at Camp Furlong near Columbus, New Mexico. During their retreat they also attacked nearby Columbus, New Mexico, killing several citizens. In response to this attack of US soil President Woodrow Wilson called up over 110,000 men from the National Guards of various states. Since New York had one of the most organized National Guard organizations, many New Yorkers were sent to the Mexican Border in 1916. In all 15,289 officers and men from the New York division were sent to the border. (Courtesy New York State Military Museum). We pack carefully using appropriate protective materials. Check out my other items. The item “23rd NEW YORK INFANTRY NATIONAL GUARD MEXICO BORDER PONCHO VILLA LG BANNER 1916″ is in sale since Saturday, September 28, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “citationantiques” and is located in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. This item can be shipped to United States, all countries in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, China, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, South africa, Thailand, Hong Kong, Bahamas, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Saudi arabia, United arab emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Malaysia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa rica, Panama, Trinidad and tobago, Guatemala, El salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Brunei darussalam, Paraguay, Viet nam, Uruguay.
(Border Protection Corps- KOP) Badge, Rare. Version in Silver and Enamel. The badge was established in 1928 and was used until the occupation of Poland in World War II in 1939. This is a rarest officer example in silver. The lower ranks were awarded silver-plated bronze badges. Full size badge made by. The famous Stanisaw Reising workshop in Warsaw. On the reverse side. Badge has a hallmark. Of the Warsaw Assay Office for silver(digit 2 means 875 for silver content). And a maker mark. Hallmark has the correct oval shape. It was this kind of stamp that was put on silver things of small size. For larger silver products used hallmarks of another form. The eagle, placed on the obverse, attached to the badge with two bent pins. Signed by Stanisaw Reising – Warsaw. In very good condition, with some enamel loss to the border post. Rare beautiful, luxuriously made. Only a Badge is for sale. Other photos are for information only. Badge has an oval shape, length 5.5 cm, width 3.5 cm, openwork, oxidized, with enamel parts, put on a screw. This badge features an eagle that has branches of laurels in its claws. Branches form a wreath, the upper part of which is stapled with a small round wreath, covered with enamel of navy blue. On the field of a small wreath, the inscription “KOP”. The lower part of the laurel wreath is connected by a ribbon, placed under the eagle in the form of an arch. The inscription “For Service Boundary” on the ribbon. In the center of the badge behind the eagle is a border post enameled with white and red(Poland flag colors) enamel. From the eagle’s tail, outside the eagle and the border post, symmetrically upward polished 19 beams, with the silhouette of sharp angles and an isosceles triangle cross-section are arranged. The Border Protection Corps (Polish: Korpus Ochrony Pogranicza, KOP) was a Polish military formation that was created in 1924 to defend the country’s eastern borders against armed Soviet incursions and local bandits. Other borders were under the jurisdiction of a separate, regular Border Guard state security agency. Though the corps was part of the Polish Army, it was commanded directly by the Ministry of Internal Affairs rather than the Ministry of National Defence. It consisted of elite soldiers from all parts of Poland. Initially KOP comprised 6 brigades and 5 regiments, each guarding part of the borders with the Soviet Union. KOP ceased to exist with the fall of Poland in September 1939. After the Polish-Bolshevik War, the Polish eastern frontier was stretched from the border with Latvia to the north, to the Prut river and Romanian border to the south. Although the peace treaty had been signed, the eastern border of Poland was insecure. Armed bands of saboteurs were crossing the border on a daily basis and the weak police forces in the area could not cope with the problem. In 1924 the town of Stopce located 20 kilometres from the border was seized by Soviet saboteurs and pillaged. Polish Minister of War Affairs, Wadysaw Sikorski, decided that the regular policecould not cope with the problem and suggested that the control of the border be handed over to the Polish Army. In one of the reports it was stated that the police waits for the army, while the army waits for the police. To prevent such problems in the future it was decided to combine the police with the army. On August 8, the Council of Ministers decided that a special militarised border police be created for the defence of the eastern frontier. Until November of the same year more than 3,5 million PLZ were spent on that purpose. On September 17, 1924, the new formation was officially created under the name of Border Defence Corps. In November 1924 the three first brigades of KOP arrived to the eastern border of Poland, in the areas of Volhynia and Polesie. In April 1925 additional two brigades took over the frontier in Southern Polesie and Galicia. Finally, in March 1926 the sixth brigade took over the border with Lithuania and Latvia. Altogether the forces of KOP included 24 battalions of infantry and 20 squadrons of cavalry. The soldiers of KOP were trained to combine the tactics of the army, police forces and border guards. They guarded the borders actively, not only by patrols, but also through reconnaissance, ambushes, provocation and intelligence gathering. During the first year of its existence, the KOP arrested more than 5,000 people trying to cross the border illegally. In addition, 89 armed skirmishes were fought, mainly against the bandits from the Soviet Union. To maintain the high morale and skills, the soldiers allowed into the KOP were carefully examined. Most of them were inhabitants of western voivodships, many of them were of German nationality. All volunteers had to gather experience in the regular units of the Polish Army before they were allowed in. Pisudski’s reforms (1929-35). In July 1929, the Border Defence Corps was reorganised. Six additional regiments were created, and all the existing units were renamed. Each brigade was attached to part of the Polish border which was further divided into battalion areas organised around small forts along the border. In turn, each of the battalions commanded several smaller strongholds and outposts organised by companies. All the rear troops (including the engineers, artillery and cavalry) formed the second line of the defence and were to be used as a mobile reserve. The brigades were given new names, after the area they were stationed in. The newly created regiments were named as follows. In early 1937 the organisation was modified. Wilno, Nowogródek and Woy brigades were disbanded and reorganised into three regiments. “Czortków” regiment was also disbanded and split onto two separate battalions (“Wilejka” and “Berezwecz”). Also, several new units were created and were pressed into the existing structure. After 1937 the KOP had 3 brigade headquarters and 7 regiments. It was composed of 32 battalions of infantry and 21 squadrons of cavalry. As the war was nearing and the crisis in Czechoslovakia exposed the Polish southern border to enemy threat, in 1939 two additional regiments were created. Those were 1st and 2nd KOP Infantry Regiments “Karpaty”, each composed of two battalions of infantry (named “Skole”, “Delatyn”, “Komacza” and “Dukla”). Soon three additional mountain infantry brigades were formed (“Sanok”, “Nowy Scz”, “Sucha”) as well as the area command in Jaso. In March KOP reached the peak of its strength. However, soon the formation started to be stripped of various units sent to the western border. At first four infantry battalions and most of the artillery were sent to ód area. Soon they were joined by the KOP cavalry regiment. In April three additional battalions were sent to the West and in May yet another battalion was sent to Hel, Poland. Although most of the units were later reconstructed at the eastern border, their combat value was much lower. The recruits lacked experience and training and the units of KOP were deprived of almost all heavy weaponry. On August 30 the KOP was formally mobilised. General Wilhelm Orlik-Rückemann became its commander. According to the Polish plans for the forthcoming war, the KOP was to become the backbone of reserve divisions formed behind the Polish lines. In the fight against the German invasion, KOP units took part among other battles in the battle of Wgierska Górka. After Soviet invasion on 17 September, Korpus Ochrony Pogranicza which had 25 battalions were unable to defend the eastern border and were further ordered by Edward Rydz-migy to fall back and not to engage the Soviets. This however did not prevent some clashes and small battles, including Battle of Szack (28 September) and Battle of Wytyczno (1 October). Pk Stanisaw Tessaro (since April 8, 1929). Jan Kruszewski (since 1930). Wilhelm Orlik-Rueckemann (since August 30, 1939). The item “RARE Polish Border Guard Badge Poland Border Protection Corps Silver Original” is in sale since Sunday, November 11, 2018. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “pelin60″ and is located in EU, Riga. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Poland
Incoming search terms:
100% ORIGINAL ISSUE PIECE. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Romania, Bulgaria, Mexico, China, Macau, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Montenegro. The item “ROMANIA KINGDOM WWI ROYAL GUARD BORDER GUARD HAT BADGE AND EPULETS. MEDAL. RR” is in sale since Wednesday, October 25, 2017. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “worldmedals” and is located in NS. This item can be shipped to Canada, all countries in Europe, United States, Australia, Japan.
Early 1920s era Soviet Frontier Troops Furzhaka. Excellent well-stored condition as shown in the images. No tears, pulls, moth nips, staining or other damage. Sweatband and liner show scattered light wear. Visor is tight to the body. Size is approximately a 56. Outstanding and rare example that is guaranteed authentic. I will answer as promptly and as accurately as possible. Not my way of doing things. The item “1920s Soviet Russian OGPU FRONTIER BORDER GUARDS Visor Uniform Hat Cap Pre NKVD” is in sale since Monday, September 19, 2016. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\WW II (1939-45)\Original Period Items\Russia\Hats & Helmets”. The seller is “streamline39″ and is located in Keene, New Hampshire. This item can be shipped to United States.