Badge, in Silver and Enamels. The badge was established in 1932 and was used until the. By the Soviet Union in 1940. Full size badge made by. Silver, gold, hot enamels, 43 x 35 mm. The painter Günther Reindorff designed the Border Guard badge for the tenth anniversary of the Border Guard of Estonia in 1932. The basis of the badge is an oak wreath. Inside the wreath is an eagle holding a sword in its paws. The eagle protects the borderline, which has a national coat of arms. All this symbolizes the self-proclivity and courage of the border guards in protecting the state borders of the Republic of Estonia. On the lower edge of the ridge there is the date of the establishment of the border guard – November 1, 1922. The figure of the Nordic eagle, known from the national epic, symbolizes alertness, courage and combat readiness. “The Border Eagle Badge” expresses the vigilance and determination of border guards and symbolizes virility and cohesion. The Border Guard badges were manufactured by the Roman Tavast workshop in Tallinn. Only a Badge is for sale. Other photos are for information only. The Estonian Border Guard (Estonian: Eesti Piirivalve) was the national security agency responsible for the border security of Estonia. It was subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior. The Border Guard also assisted with Search and Rescue missions. In 2010, the organization was superseded by the Police and Border Guard Board. History from independence(1918) to WW II. On November 14, 1918, admiral Johan Pitka organized a meeting to discuss the guarding of borders of the freshly established Republic of Estonia. On November 18, 1918, the Border Guard government (Estonian: Piirivalvevalitsus) was established, with captain Leopold Tõnson leading it. Until 1 January 1919, the agency was subordinate to the Estonian Defence League Council of Elders (Estonian: Kaitseliidu Vanematekogu), but was then subordinated to the Ministry of Finance. Since 1 February 1919 until the end of the Estonian War of Independence the borders were guarded by the military. Since 15 February 1919 until May 1921 the crossing of borders was checked by the Republic’s Border Control Government (Estonian: Vabariigi Piirikontrolli Valitsus). On 30 May 1922, the border guard agency was subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior. Following the recommendation of Minister of the Interior, Kaarel Eenpalu, the Border Guard Government (Estonian: Piirivalve Valitsus) (not to be confused with the previous Border Guard government) was established on 20 September 1922. Lieutenant colonel Ants Kurvits was appointed to lead the organization on 1 November 1922, which is also considered the official formation date of the Estonian Border Guard. Lieutenant colonel Arved Engmaa became his deputy. On 1 December 1922, the Estonian government approved the structure of the agency, consisting of: a headquarters, departments, districts, and cordons. The headquarters started work in January 1923, at the White hall of the Toompea Castle. Positions were manned with reserve officers from the military and conscripts serving under a one year contract. By May 20, 1923, all control over the border was transferred from the Defence Forces to the border guard. There were eight district stations: Tallinn, Läänemaa, Pärnu, Valga, Petseri, Tartu, Peipsi and Narva. On 1 December 1923, Valga station was joined with Petseri, and on 1 July, Tartu station was joined with Peipsi, and Pärnu was joined with Läänemaa into Lääne station. On 16 February 1923, a corporation for officers was established. On 16 June 1927, a similar corporation was established for the conscripts. Until the mid 30’s, the legal ground for the activities of the border guard was based on an old law, established under the Russian Empire. On 5 June 1936, a new Border Guard Act was entered into force. Despite legal agreements with the Soviet Union, a tragic incident occurred on 8 February 1938, when Soviet border guards entered Estonian territory and killed two Estonian border guards and one civilian. On the 10th anniversary of the Border Guard, the agency received its flag. In 1940, the agency was partially disbanded by the occupying Soviet Union forces. The eastern border structures were demolished. By then there were roughly 1100 border guards. Large number of Estonian Border Guard officers were repressed and sent to Gulags. From Estonian Border Guard home page. Independent statehood created a need to guard the borders of Estonia. On 14 November 1918 Admiral Johannes Pitka convened the very first meeting on guarding-the-border issues. On 18 November 1918 the Border Guard Administration became operational under Captain Leopold Tõnson. Until 1 January 1919 the Administration was subordinated to Defence League Board of Governors and later for a short time to the Ministry of Finance. Beginning from 1 February 1919 until the end of the War of Independence and also first post-war years military units guarded Estonian borders. From 15 February 1991 to May 1921 Border Control Administration of the Republic of Estonia was responsible for controlling border crossings. The then Minister of Internal Affairs, founder of Estonian border guard Karl Einbund (Eenpalu) underlined in his speech on the fifth anniversary of the Republic of Estonia that in peace-time the army learned but did not rule. We have to adhere to the old truth: the army cannot execute civil governance in the peace-time. If civil governance is assigned to a military organization, a permanent specially prepared unit has to be founded, subordinated to civil power. According to Karl Einbund, the latter is of special importance as by nature military maxims and guarantees are not for the peace-time. On 30 May 1922 the Riigikogu passed a law subordinating the border guard to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The Border Guard Administration was founded on the proposal of Karl Einbund on 20 September 1922. A well-known military leader from the War of Independence Lieutenant Colonel Ants Kurvits was appointed the head of the border guard and he assumed office on 1 November 1922. This date is considered the birthday of Estonian border guard. Lieutenant Colonel Arved Engman, former commander of the 6th Infantry Regiment of Estonian Defence Forces, was appointed Assistant Head of Border Guard Administration in the capacity of deputy head. On 1 December the Government of the Republic of Estonia approved the structure of Estonian border guard: General Administration, i. Command Centre and sections, regions and sectors. The Command Centre founded in January 1923 started its work in the White Hall, Toompea Castle. Personnel comprised of officers taken from reserve to active service or transferred from military units as well as of extended servicemen serving with one-year contract in the border guard. By 20 May 1923 the entire border had been taken over from the Defence Forces. There were eight sections responsible for the border: Tallinn, Läänemaa, Pärnu, Valga, Petseri, Tartu, Peipsi and Narva sections. On 1 December 1923 Valga section was liquidated and joined to Petseri section. On 1 July Tartu section was merged with Peipsi section and Pärnu and Läänemaa sections into Lääne section. On 16 February 1923 Border Guard Officers Association and on 16 June 1927 Border Guard Extended Servicemens Association were founded in order to organize officers and extended servicemen. Until 5 June 1936 the operation and organisation of Estonian border guard was legally based on the czarist Border Guard Corps Act of 1910, several provisions of which were amended and replaced with the legislation of the Republic of Estonia. On 5 June 1936 the Border Guard Act, issued as Head of State Decree from 25 May 1936 entered into force. Estonian border guards guarded 1159 kilometres of border in the north and south, 276 kilometres of Estonian-USSR border in the east and 365 kilometres of Estonian-Latvian border in the south. The border guard worked hard to detect smuggling on the sea border and on the southern border. On 8 August 1927 the Republic of Estonia and the USSR signed an agreement on the regulation of border incidents, which entered into force on 20 January 1928. Despite the agreement a tragic incident took place on Lake Peipus, near the Estonian-USSR border on 8 February 1936: having crossed the Estonian border Soviet border guards killed the head of Ninasi sector sergeant major Artur Pungas, guard private first class Voldemar Kaio and non-border-guard driver Vassili Eva. The maintenance of the state border was extensive: renovation of boundary posts, repair of wire fences, cleaning of boundary ditches and strips, construction of patrol routes and observation towers. Accommodation was really poor in the early years of Estonian border guard. The border guards lived in earthen huts and farms. Orchards and ornamental shrubs were planted; lawns and nurseries were made at border guard sectors. Border guards were active in sports and social life. Swimming, shooting, light and heavy athletics as well as skiing were primary sports. Lieutenant Colonel August Engman, chairman of the Border Guard Officers Association was one of the founders of Estonian Shooting Union. Border guard Eduard Seren from Omedu border guard sector was a member of the Estonian small-rifle team at World Championship in Rome in 1935, establishing a world record. In 1934 1937 in competitions of Estonian shooting unions member associations and districts the border guard team won four times in succession a challenge cup given by the minister of war. The people of Estonia recognized the commitment of the border guard highly. On the tenth anniversary of the border guard Estonian County Governments Association presented the border guard with a nice flag: with a state emblem on one side and county emblems and border guard emblem a boundary post defended by an eagle with spread wings, holding a sward – on the other side. Prior to the annexation of Estonia by the Soviet Union the borders of Etonia were defended by Tallinn, Lääne, Petseri, Peipsi and Narva sections, 164 border guard sectors and 1100 border guards who knew that should borders disappear, the country will disappear, the state will disappear, the freedom of its people will disappear (Major Johan Paul, 1932). Soviet occupation in 1940 interrupted the operation of the independent Estonian border guard. Buildings on the eastern border were destroyed and border constructions were dismantled. The southern border with the Republic of Latvia, also occupied by Soviets, survived until German occupation in 1941. The structure and personnel on the Latvian border was maintained. In January eight officers led by Colonel Johan Paul worked in Border Guard Division in Peoples Commissariat of the Estonian SSR. The partial survival of the border guard in the first Soviet year allowed later merging of organized armed opposition with the resistance movement. A vast majority of Estonian border guard officers were repressed and most of them lost their lives in Gulag prisons. The first head of the Estonian border guard Ants Kurvits (VR1/2) who retired as Major General in late 1939 was murdered on unknown circumstances in Gulag. The item “RARE Estonia Border Guard Badge Silver and Enamels Original” is in sale since Wednesday, November 14, 2018. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “pelin60″ and is located in EU, Riga. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Estonia
This RARE 100% Original Untouched Elite German Military Bullion Cuff Title has the classic 2 Palm Trees with AFRIKA along with sewn top & bottom stitching. It has it’s Original sewn on ends with black threads that were sewn onto a Tunic Uniform Originally. See pictures for details. RARE 100% Original Untouched Military Bullion Cuff Title for that German or Military Collector out there. Size: 17 1/2″ Length x 1 1/4″ Width. Condition: Decent to Good Condition for a used Untouched Outdoor Military Item Showing wear such as some moth holes, some Bullion threads missing, etc. We strive to offer 5 Star Service to you each & every time we list. The item “RARE Original Elite German Military Bullion Cuff Title Afrika Tunic Uniform USA” is in sale since Friday, May 10, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “lafofn” and is located in North Bend, Oregon. This item can be shipped to United States.
Rare pre WWII Unusual and Beautiful Badge “Graf Zeppelin”. Silver, old patina, large size. 25 mm x 93 mm, horizontal pinback. With distinct details, marked on the back 018\300 DH. A historical thing, in memory of one of the most. Successful airship project of Germany. Only a badge is for sale. The rest of the pictures are for illustrative purposes only. The item “Rare pre WWII Unusual and Beautiful Badge Graf Zeppelin Giant Size! Silver” is in sale since Friday, October 27, 2017. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “pelin60″ and is located in EU , Riga. This item can be shipped worldwide.
Rare Romania WWI Military Infantry officer regimental belt buckle Army by BSW SIZE: 55 mm. I stand behind my goods, so you can shop at my store with confidence. Within 24 hours the items won are sent to winners. And please keep in mind that I can not influence any speed loss products reaching the destination. Please if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me. Sometimes mistakes are made. Please contact me if you have any problems and I’m sure we can work it out. Thank you for your time and interest in my auctions. The item “Rare Romania WWI Military Infantry officer regimental belt buckle Army by BSW” is in sale since Sunday, November 5, 2017. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “necunoscutuleu” and is located in Bucharest. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Modified Item: No
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Romania
Menz “Liliput” 25 ACP (6.35m/m) caliber pistol magazine (6 shot). Magazine is all intact, remains in excellent condition, and works and functions perfectly. Absolutely 100% lifetime guaranteed to be an original. The item “RARE! PREWAR GERMAN AUGUST MENZ LILIPUT. 25 ACP CALIBER PISTOL MAGAZINE (6 SHOT)” is in sale since Tuesday, March 20, 2018. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “khesanh” and is located in Hayes, Virginia. This item can be shipped to United States.
Rare Pre-WWII Polish M1922 Mauser Bayonet By Perkun W/ Scabbard. The item “Rare Pre-WWII Polish M1922 Mauser Bayonet By Perkun With Scabbard” is in sale since Wednesday, October 23, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “stubahr” and is located in Avondale Estates, Georgia. This item can be shipped to United States.
Rare Pre WWII USS Pennsylvania BB-38 Battleship sailers wool crackerjack Donald Duck Flat Hat Navy Cap Pre-1933. Excellent vintage condition nearly antique wool sailers cap with USS PENNSYLVANIA in gilt wire across the sweat band. Own a piece of history from the heyday of the Old grey Lady when she was the flagship of the US Naval Fleet. Very good condition wool in great shape leather sweat band in great shape with a date stamp picture included. A few loose stitches. Gilt/gold wire is tarnished but in very good condition. Name stenciled in side M. Hat is creased from storage Ive had it on the head mold for a week or so to help but likely stored for a long time. The Pennsylvania-class consisted of two super-dreadnought battleships built for the United States Navy just before the First World War. The ships were named Pennsylvania and Arizona, after the American states of the same names. They constituted the United States’ second battleship design to adhere to the “all or nothing” armor scheme, and were the newest American capital ships when the United States entered the First World War. During the 1920s and 1930s, Pennsylvania served as the flagship of first the Atlantic Fleet, and after it was merged with the Pacific Fleet in 1921, the Battle Fleet. Pennsylvania was occupied with a peacetime routine of training exercises (including the annual Fleet problems), port visits, and foreign cruises, including a visit to Australia in 1925. She suffered relatively minor damage in the attack, being protected from torpedoes by the drydock. Pennsylvania joined the fleet in a series of amphibious operations, primarily tasked with providing gunfire support. The first of these, the Aleutian Islands Campaign, took place in mid-1943, and was followed by an attack on Makin later that year. During 1944, she supported the landings on Kwajalein and Eniwetok in the Marshall Islands and the Mariana and Palau Islands campaign, including the Battles of Saipan, Guam, Peleliu, and Battle of Angaur. During the Battle of Okinawa, she was torpedoed by a Japanese torpedo bomber and badly damaged, forcing her to withdraw for repairs days before the end of the war. Allocated to the target fleet for the Operation Crossroads nuclear tests in 1946, Pennsylvania was repaired only enough to allow her to make the voyage to the test site, Bikini Atoll. She survived both blasts, but was badly contaminated with radioactive fallout from the second test, and so was towed to Kwajalein, where she was studied for the next year and a half. The item “Rare Pre WWII USS Pennsylvania Battleship Donald Duck Flat Hat Navy Cap Pre-1933″ is in sale since Tuesday, August 27, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “dusty_irene” and is located in Lacrosse, Washington. This item can be shipped to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, South africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Bahamas, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi arabia, Ukraine, United arab emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Malaysia, Chile, Colombia, Costa rica, Panama, Trinidad and tobago, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Brunei darussalam, Iceland, Luxembourg, Paraguay, Uruguay.
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Very Rare Original ORDER of CHARLES III, Commander of Number Star, 1771. The order was instituted in 1771. Breast Star, 67 x 64 mm, silver with brilliant cut rays, partially repierced, partially enameled, central medallion silver and GOLD, enameled, reverse with vertical thin pin. A superb reduced size star, of high jeweler’s quality! You can make me an offer. WIKIPEDIA : The Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Charles III (Spanish: Real y Distinguida Orden Espanola de Carlos III) was established by the King of Spain Carlos III by means of the Royal Decree of 19 September 1771, with the motto Virtuti et marito. Its objective is to reward people for their actions in benefit to Spain and the Crown. Since its creation, it has been the most distinguished civil award that can be granted in Spain, despite its categorisation as a military order. The Order was formally converted to a civil order in 1847. The order’s current regulations were approved by Royal Decree 1051 of 2002. The regulation sets the objective of the order as a means of “rewarding the citizens who, with their effort, initiative and work, have brought a distinguished and extraordinary service to the Nation”. The Grand Master of the order is the monarch of Spain, currently King Felipe VI. The item “Rare Original ORDER of CHARLES, Commander of Number Star, 1771″ is in sale since Saturday, September 15, 2018. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “ww2_army” and is located in Blaine, Washington. This item can be shipped worldwide.
VINTAGE 1922 SWEDISH MILITARY M1913 SHEEPSKIN COAT, Raw Sheepskin, Off White, 2 kinds of Buttons, Button Front, Collectible, Fits Like Men’s S/M. From the research we have done this is a M1913 Jacket/Parka, although this particular parka dates from post WW1 (1922). This type or style of parka was used before and in WW1 since 1913. This Jacket has canvas green pockets, originally the pockets were sheepskin as well but after the war this jacket was transitioned to a canvas jacket style in the 1930s/40s, so we are unsure if the green pockets were added at a later date or this is a transitional jacket. Condition: Decent VTG Condition. Might be the only one left? The stains on the sleeves are from the rusted metal buttons – otherwise it is in pretty good shape for 95 years old. It is generally somewhat dirty. The sheepskin is in good shape, we inspected it and didnt see any drying out or signs of cracking. (See Pictures) Stains may come out with proper cleaning (No Guarantees). Measurements: No size indication – Fits like Men’s S/M – Please Check all Measurements. Pit to Pit: 20. Collar To Bottom: 33 1/2. Shoulder To Shoulder: 18. Thank you for looking at this listing. The item “RARE! VTG WW1 era M1913 Swedish Military SHEEPSKIN Parka Jacket Off White Sz S/M” is in sale since Monday, January 7, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “azfishinguy_vintage” and is located in Glendale, Arizona. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Sweden
- Brand: Military
- Size Type: Regular
- Length: Full
- Style: Military Sheepskin Coat
- Material: Shearling (Raw Sheepskin)
- Color: White
Rare Spanish ORDER OF Military MERIT for Legion Condor, 1936. It is a gold version of’Al Merito Militar. Gilt-edged White enamel cross on swivel crown suspension. The face with an imposed circular central medallion in red, white enamel and gilt metal bearing an escutcheon quarterly of Castile and Léon with Granada overall. The Order was created by Queen Isabel II in 1864 for military merit,’Al Merito Militar. The cross is of white enamel in times of peace, and of red in times of war. This is from the period 1938 to 1940. Awarded to 3rd Reich Luftwaffe and Panzer Personnel During Spanish Civil War 1936. Equivalent to German Knights Cross. Rare and seldom seen awarded in very limited quantities. You can make me an offer. WIKIPEDIA : The Condor Legion (German: Legion Condor) was a unit composed of military personnel from the air force and army of Nazi Germany, which served with the Nationalists during the Spanish Civil War of July 1936 to March 1939. The Condor Legion developed methods of strategic bombing which were used widely in the Second World War shortly afterwards. The bombing of Guernica was the most infamous operation carried out by the Condor Legion. Hugo Sperrle commanded the unit’s aircraft formations and Wilhelm Ritter von Thoma commanded the ground element. The item “Rare Original ORDER of MILITARY MERIT for Legion Condor, 1936″ is in sale since Saturday, September 15, 2018. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Militaria\1919-38\Original Period Items”. The seller is “ww2_army” and is located in Blaine, Washington. This item can be shipped worldwide.